1. Who are you?
I’m Bernadette, though most people call me Badz. I’m 21 years old and I am a licensed Physical Therapist from the Philippines. If it’s not obvious yet, I am a bookworm and I have been reading books since I was 4 years old.
2. What do you look like?
I currently look like this. Forgive my face. Yes, all the wild hair and bright-colored lipstick. Haha.
3. Who are some of your favourite authors and books?
Let’s keep this short. So some of the books I love are the Harry Potter series, The Book Thief, The Night Circus, Catcher in the Rye, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Lunar Chronicles, South of the Border West of the Sun, and of course, A Series of Unfortunate Events.
As for authors, I love Tahereh Mafi, John Green, JK Rowling, Lang Leav, Erin Morgenstern, and Haruki Murakami.
4. Where is your comfiest reading spot?
My bed, of course. It’s a bit messy right now because I am reading. I usually toss and turn or sit up or do crazy positions while I read. I just can’t keep still.
5. Have you read A Series of Unfortunate Events before?
Yes, I have. I read the series twice before. Both times while I was in high school.
6. What are your thoughts on the movie adaptation if you have seen it?
I’ve watched and I actually enjoyed it. I just hoped that they made one movie per book and continued with the other books.
7. How are you reading the books? Hardcover? Paperback? Kindle?
I am reading it on my Kindle. Sadly, the ones I read before were from my school’s library. I have yet to own the series for my self.
8. How did you obtain these unhappy tales?
I don’t own them yet, which is such a disgrace, but I am planning to buy the whole set soon.
9. Are you updating your progress anywhere else?
Yes, on Goodreads.
10. What are you hoping to get out of this readalong?
I want to see how I would react with the story now that I am older. The last time I read it was 6 years ago and maybe today, I’ll be able to understand the story deeper and get more out it than last time. I also want to be back in Lemony Snicket’s brilliant world.