Unnecessary Bag Dump
This is a random post of the daily contents of my bag. I was cleaning my bag today, and I just happen to have the urge to take a picture of the usual things I bring with me, everyday. I cannot leave the house/dorm without bringing these things with me. And yes, they are quite a lot that’s why you’ll never see me with a small purse or clutch bag. So, here you go:
- Wallet - Of course, this is a must-have! How could I survive without any money to buy food and whatever else. And no, I don’t bring all of my money with me because I am a very impulsive buyer. I only bring just the right amount for the day.
- Umbrella - If you’re studying in UST or anywhere in Manila, this is a lifesaver. You can forget about your books, or your phone but not this. With the unpredictable and ever changing weather, you’ll never know when the rain will pour. So it’s best to bring a sturdy umbrella everywhere you go.
- Notebook - One more thing about me: I am a very meticulous note-taker. I have complete lectures and notes in all my subjects. But I only use unruled notebooks. And yes, that’s quite geeky of me, but it gets me through all of my exams. Plus, that way, I have something to do to prevent me from drowsing off during class hours.
- Current Read - I think aside from the umbrella, this is also one of my most important must-haves. Right now, it’s Beatrice Sparks’ Go Ask Alice. You’ll never know when a professor would be late or absent and that means more free time to kill, and what else would be perfect other than finishing a book you’ve been reading. Also, with my busy schedule, these stolen fragments of time are my only break. Thus, I must use it well.
- Pencil Case - Since I love writing notes, I must have my pens with me. Aside from regular blank-ink ones, I also have colored, glitter, metallic and many more doodle pens. I usually draw or sketch at the back of my notebook when my my wanders off from the classroom.
- Highlighters - I separate this from my other pens because I think I have this obsession with markers. I cannot study my books and hand-out without highlighting them. And mind you, I have plenty of colors because I use one each for headings, subheadings, descriptions and examples. I usually have four colors but my green one was already empty and I threw it away.
- Glasses - It was only last December that I started wearing eye glasses after I noticed that my vision is getting a bit blurry. Now, I have to wear them everyday to correct my astigmatism. I am finding it hard to see the powerpoint presentations from the back of the room without these babies.
- ID - In UST, one cannot go inside the building without swiping their IDs first (well, in the Medicine building, I don’t know for others). So yes, this should always be in my bag or else, I would be absent from my classes. There are also some professors who makes us wear them, so yeah.
- Post-it chapter markers - These wonderful plastic versions are my favorite because they don’t get torn when they are placed in my books. And yes, I have this need to mark chapters or pages in my textbooks which were discussed during lectures so that I can find them easily when reviewing.
- Perfume - Well, with classes from 7am to 7pm, I think it’s appropriate to at least smell good until the end of the day. Haha. And that’s Victoria’s Secret Pink. I really like how it smells, not fruity or vanilla-ish. Just right for my nose.
- Compact Powder and Lip Gloss - Uhm, these are the only ones that comprises my “vanity kit” since I put on waterproof mascara in the morning and I really don’t need to retouch it anymore. The powder is for my stubbornly oily face and as for the gloss, let’s just say that I look like an anemic person without it. Yes, my lips are very pale.
- Hand Sanitizer - This one is for hygienic purposes. We use a lot of modalities during laboratory subjects and who knows how much dirt I can get from all those. So I always have this on hand.
- Cellphone - (Not in the picture, used in taking the photos.) I am not a very techy gadget-y person. I have a Samsung Omnia Pro which is Microsoft enabled, with Adobe Reader, multimedia player, 4.5 megapixels and an 8GB memory. With all those, I don’t think I need to buy an iPod or camera and whatever else. I am completely fine with it since it has everything I need.
So yep, that’s pretty much finished the tour of the inside of my bag. Haha. I know this is a completely useless and boring and long post, but just in case you want to know a little something about me, then here it is. I would be very surprised if someone would even take an interest on what I have to say about my things. But nonetheless, thank you for having the patience to read this post. Good evening!