Summary of my first week back in University.
Last Tuesday was the start of our classes in UST. Actually there was a University mass held on Monday, but I never attend those mass. So, I was back in my dorm the day before to prepare for the said resumption of classes. So here’s what happened this past week, in bullets:
- Woke up very early for my 7:30am MedSurg Rheuma class
- The professor was 30 mins late but when she arrived, she immediately started the lecture for our first topic
- Our Neurology professor arrived on time and also proceeded giving us a 10-point pop quiz to see if we still remember the concepts we learned in Neuroanatomy last semester
- I got a whooping score of 4/10. Haha. Not my best subject, obviously.
- He also gave us a 3-hour lecture of our first topic
- No classes for our block.
- Got up at 11am and had lunch with my new roommate
- Spent time alone in my dorm fixing and organizing my stuff
- 7am class again
- Clinical Education started off with an orientation
- Had a 5-hour lecture on the introduction to clinical documentation
- I was so sleepy and hungry
- Only had an hour break after with my friends from other section
- Had an orientation with Community-Based Rehabilitation for about an hour and a half
- One of my professors in that subject is an eye-candy
- Had Therapeutic Exercises 2 Lec at 7am (again)
- It was also a 3-hour review and lecture of all the topics we had last sem
- Then we also had another 3-hour demo in Thera Ex 2 Lab
- Got called twice. First, I was the patient and my prof was the PT. The second time, I was asked to demonstrate a certain exercise for a patient. (yes, my luck with random recitation is always like this)
- It was announced that our professors in Ortho and PT 4 won’t be able to meet us so we were dismissed early (1pm instead of 7pm)
- Had nothing to do so I watched the new Korean drama recommended by my roommate. (Finished 5 episodes)
- Instead of having Pathology and PT4 Lec subjects, our college had a General Assembly.
- Had to attend because it was mandatory. (was very bored because it’s the 4th GA I attended since I was a freshman)
- Went back home at around 1pm.
So basically, the first week was already packed and loaded with lectures and discussions. I thought that it would still be a “chill” week but I was obviously wrong. We already have quizzes piled for next week and a couple of homework. On top of that, I had my monthly visit last night and it sucks. I had cramps and a bad case of dysmenorrhea. Just a cherry on top of a very awesome week. NOT.