It really frustrates me when I see Fifty Shades of Grey in like the popular spots in bookstores
Probably the best use of that gif.
Okay. Someone just tried to go inside our dorm room a while ago. He was forcefully opening the door with his keys. I could hear the frustration as won’t open the lock and door wouldn’t budge. I thought it was just my roommate so I didn’t mind. Turns out, he got the wrong room. He’s supposed to be going into room 46 and ours was 36. Hahaha. Weird. It’s so early in the morning and that guy was already out of his head. I can still picture his face when I opened the door and told him that he’s in the wrong room. Crazy. :))
My friends thought that Rupert Grint was the one who sang “Lego House”.
Apparently, they didn’t understand the video at all. This was what they told me upon hearing the “Lego House” playing on my laptop:
“Wasn’t the one singing the same guy as the one who plays Ron Weasley in those Harry Potter movies?”
OH DAMN. I don’t know what’s wrong with the world. -_-
And so I let the watch the whole video again, and explained Rupert Grint’s role in the said video. I told the that the artist is Ed Sheeran.
I cannot put to words how extremely disappointed I was.
Okay, so what do you expect me to do? Convert? You know what? Calling me pathetic just because I don’t share the same belief you have makes you pretty much more pathetic than I am. You think imposing your faith and god on me would change my views? Sorry, but it won’t.
P.S. And you had the nerve to even call me ‘ate’?
While passing by a religious relic store inside the mall.
- Me: *saw a gray angel statue*
- Me: *gasps*
- Me: *stops dead in track*
- Cousin: What?
- Me: OMG. *staring hardly at the statue*
- Cousin: WHAT??
- Me: This isn't happening..
- Cousin: WHAT???
- Me: WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T MOVE. DON'T TURN AROUND. DON'T EVEN BLINK!
- Cousin: .....
- People inside the store: ....
- People passing by: ....
- Me: It's a WEEPING ANGEL!! WE NEED THE DOCTOR!!!
- Cousin: Oh God, I don't know you. *walks away*
- HAHAHAHA. Sometimes, I do the most random and craziest of things.
- Me: God, I wish I could travel with The Doctor all throughout time and space.
- Younger sister: Why would you want to be accompanied by a doctor? Are you sick or something? Dying?
- Me: ....
- Shit. Haha. My sister can be so thick sometimes. I dunno if she's just innocent or really really stupid. Betting on the latter, most probably. I know, I am an evil sister. But I can't help it. How could I even travel with an actual physician through time? Oh well, this little conversation was so funny. I just don't know what to say to her.
While re-watching Sherlock in the living room.
- Mom: What are you watching?
- Me: Sherlock Holmes, why?
- Mom: Is that in English?
- Me: Uhm. Yeah.
- Mom: I thought it's in some other foreign language.
- Me: Why? How will I understand this if it's not English. And it's obviously not Filipino either.
- Mom: Nothing. It's just that guy (referring to Sherlock) talks so fast, and there are no subs. I can't comprehend anything.
- Me: Well mom, I'm just awesome that way. British at heart, you know?
- Mom: *poker face* Sometimes, I don't know if you're still sane.
- Me: Yeah, I don't know either. But maybe I'm just better than you.
- Mom: Shut up.
Day 08 – A book that you’re reading right now
Okay, so I forgot to post this yesterday because I was so tired that I went to sleep immediately after I got home. So for today, I will post two days of the book challenge.
I started reading this book last Saturday evening. I’ve been meaning to read this even before vacation but since I’ve read The Fault in Our Stars first, I opted to read books from different authors just so that I won’t make too much comparisons with the book of the same author.
And of course, I regretted that I wait this long before reading this book. Even at the first chapter, the book had me reeling with fits of laughter. I’m just past the first four chapters, and I am certainly enjoying the story and the characters. Each of the characters have their own personality and weirdness but I can’t to love them all.
Also, having read other books of Green and Levithan, I can distinguish which characters they were wrote about. Their different styles mix well together and compliment each other with a very pleasant result. I am hoping to finish this soon so I can make a full review. I’m not yet halfway through but I’ll be continuing later this evening, which is, for me, the best time to get lost in my books.
This is a queued post, btw. I’m off to some scholarship meeting until 5pm. :|
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy
The Best of Chico and Delamar’s The Morning Rush Top 10
Technically, this is not a book. Rather, it is a collection of the best Top 10s featured on Chico and Delamar’s radio program, The Morning Rush. It includes the funniest categories and answers from the listeners. Some examples from the compilation are the top 10 Stupidest Answers to Game Show Questions, Reasons Why Cars Are Better Than Girls, Statements That Will Get You Slapped, Signs That Your Are Dumb, and many more.
Seriously, this is just one of the local must-have books. It’s so hilarious and I couldn’t put it down. Every time I feel a little down or something, I would open a page and read a category and it would be enough to get me laughing my ass off. I even get weird looks from my mom, asking me what on earth was I reading. It’s the best way to cheer readers up when they are in a grim mood. Some of the jokes are really shallow and corny, but that’s what’s making them funny. This is certainly a book that makes me happy.